Who We Are
With over 50 years of aviation experience, the Bond Air Services leads the way in international emergency and mission... Read More
Keep up to date with Bond Air Services news on our media centre, featuring the latest news releases, press statements and media contacts … Read More
- 74 man search and rescue Bond – 74-man search and rescue (SAR) from floating production and storage vessel
On February 4 2011, Rescue Bond 2, maintaining search and rescue cover from Sumburgh Airport on Shetland, is tasked to assist in the removal of 74 non-essential personnel from the Gryphon Floating Production, Storage and Offloading unit (FPSO), located 175 miles north east ...
- In-house flight simulator Bond develops in-house flight simulator for internal and external market
The introduction of the new Eurocopter EC135 to the Bond fleet meant more pilots, and more training. The expense of training in actual aircraft resulted in Bond developing a specialised Flight Training Device (FTD) – a simulator that not only trains Bond pilots, but can be ...
- Offshore rescue in strong winds & bad light Bond Helicopters – rescue of casualties from offshore unit in strong winds and bad light
On January 4 2008, Rescue Bond 1 is stationed at Aberdeen Airport, due to high winds at its usual base, the Miller Platform. The aircraft is tasked to assist an unknown number of casualties on the Floating Production, Storage and Offloading ...
- Offshore wind farm support Bond wins contract to provide offshore wind farm support
Offshore wind farms present a variety of challenges, but also offer a crucial method of generating alternative energy. Maintenance – both scheduled and unscheduled – needs to be carried out whatever the weather in order to ensure that each individual turbine is working at full capacity. Airtricity, ...
- SAR Mission to stricken vessel Bond Helicopters – Search and Rescue (SAR) mission to stricken vessel
On August 24 2011 whilst on a routine training exercise, The Bond Search and Rescue helicopter, Rescue Bond 1 is tasked by the Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre (ARCC) Kinloss to assist multiple casualties aboard the Starlight Rays fishing vessel.
The SAR priority for the five-man crew ...
- Transforming UK emergency provision Bond transforms UK emergency provision with first Air Ambulance
With a disparate population, large tourist numbers, limited hospital resources and dangerous areas both on the coastline and inland, Cornwall needed a fast, reliable way to react to incidents. The Cornwall Ambulance Service was stretched, and a helicopter service was a desirable addition. At the same time, ...